Single search?

Ellen Meltzer emeltzer at library.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 1 13:47:20 EST 2000

The UC Berkeley Library has formed a committee on Public Electronic Access
Systems in order to eventually improve usability and access to our many
databases for our users.

Has anyone created a database that does a single search across your catalog
and a subset of your article databases?  For example, for chemistry
resources, history resources, etc.  Are there libraries who have totally
integrated access to their library webs, catalogs, and article databases
through a single search?

In California, the California Digital Library (CDL) has created
Searchlight, but I'm wondering if there are other libraries that have done
this.