Hard Drive Security Products

Chris Deweese chrisd at lcls.org
Thu Dec 21 09:29:54 EST 2000

Hello,

My name is Chris and I am a technician for the Lewis and Clark Library System.  I am compiling a list of security software or hardware devices that libraries use.
The list I have is very short and limited mostly to what we currently use throughout our member libraries.

Software
-Fortres 101 -excellent software for securing a machine
-Win Select -A few of our member sites liked this product
-Everybody's Menu Builder -A very old minimal security product we are phasing out

Hardware
-Centurion Guard -The best product I have found.  The centurion guard is installed inside the computer and completely protects the hard drive.  Read http://www.centuriontech.com/ for more information.  I spent a day with this device on two computers Pentium 120 w/Windows 95 and a Celeron 500 w/Windows 98 and it does EVERYTHING they say it can.

If anyone has anymore Hardware or Software solutions for protecting PACs please let me know.

Thank You

Chris Deweese
Lewis and Clark Library System
Technical Support