Outlook Express training module

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu Aug 31 11:38:04 EDT 2000

We are finally moving from VAX mail to "grown-up" mail provided by our
consortium (on an IMAP server, even better) and our staff are very excited.
For many of them this will be their first experience with Outlook Express
(we may do the installation when we upgrade from 5.5, or we may do it
separately--haven't figured that out yet).  Training modules would also help
us give better public service, too, because I handle calls from patrons
regarding Outlook Express that make it clear it isn't as "intuitive" as you
might think, so the more of us who can answer related questions, the better.

We are going to create a training class to make the transition to Outlook
Express as easy as possible.  Before we reinvent the wheel, does anyone have
a training module (text, powerpoint, whatever) on Outlook Express?  If you
have one you like that needs updating, we'll even partner with you.

If you have a book, or a strong chapter in a book, you particularly
recommend, that would be great too.  I have searched for books on Outlook
Express without much luck, but admittedly I didn't look under the larger
umbrella of IE5.

Finally, if you've used the IEAK to install or update Outlook Express, and
have advice (good? bad? worth it?), I'd appreciate hearing from you.  I've
got IEAK (via Technet) but wondered if for our size organization (50+ PCs)
it was a little more work than was warranted for the project... or a real
boon to busy systems folks truly worth the initial investment of figgerin'
time.

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Assistant Director of Technology
Shenendehowa Public Library, Clifton Park, NY
http://www.shenpublib.org