controlled vocab construction

J. Michael Visser mvisser at plumbdesign.com
Fri Aug 25 12:10:19 EDT 2000

Hey web4libbers:

I'm working on a project with an npo that wants to create a web
directory/search engine around content created for/by the nonprofit world.
As someone who worked as a librarian for a number of years, I know the
importance of building an appropriate controlled vocabulary for this type of
project, and I've managed to convince them of this as well.  They're based
in the DC area and are interested in contracting with someone as a thesaurus
advisor or developer.  I was hoping someone on the list might have a
suggestion on a person or an organization I could point them to, or
generally how they might find someone with the appropriate expertise.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Mike Visser

	p l u m b d e s i g n

	michael visser | producer
	157 chambers st ny ny 10007