Setting a mailto protocol for Navigator

Peter Murray PMurray at law.uconn.edu
Fri Aug 18 16:30:26 EDT 2000

I know it sounds easy, but I am having the darndest time trying to convince
a full-blown Netscape download to use Outlook as the 'mailto' protocol
handler.  No matter what I do to the PC's file-type definitions or
Navigator's "Application" preferences, it insists on using Communicator for
outgoign mail.  I found a really nice page which describes what one needs
to do:

  <http://gocsm.net/smcccd/faculty/kennedyc/cis150/150faq.htm#q13>

...which seems simple enough, except that it doesn't work.

Setting a different 'mailto' handler sounds like a very common thing to do,
but perhaps I'm missing a basic "can't be done".  Has anyone else gotten
this to work?

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian              W: 860-570-5233
University of Connecticut Law School             Hartford, Connecticut