Copy into Outlook? Oh no - the box, circle and triangle again!

Masters, Gary E GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV
Wed Aug 9 07:13:58 EDT 2000

I asked about this several months ago and did not ever work out a solution -
despite many who tried to help.

When we copy web text (mostly HTML) into Outlook to send to people the
graphics often come out as this:

when they start out as something else.  I think this is Outlook's way to
display what has some how been "messed up."

Is there a solution?  Perhaps a "special paste?"  Device independent bitmap?

Also, when we copy HTML where links are from numbers to paragraphs below,
the links do not survive.  I think this is also a special paste situation,
but don't know which one to select.  I will test a few solutions, but I was
wondering what others have done.

Thanks,

Gary Masters

Gary E. Masters