getting a dot com domain listed.

Yvonne Reynolds Reynolds at nbict.nbi.ac.za
Mon Aug 21 01:58:46 EDT 2000

Hi,
Is there anyway of getting a .com domain listed without using Network Solutions?
They have an on-line registeration system which only accepts credit cards. We are in South africa.  I have tried 2 VISA cards, but both were rejected.  I have sent numerous emails and  a fax giving details of the domain I would like to register and requesting an invoice and banking details so that we can effect payment, but keep getting "form letter/ automated responses back about how I can register on-line!!!   I am tearing my hair out!!

I seem to recall reading a few months back that they no longer had sole monopoly on the registration of dot coms.  Does anyone know of an aternative registering agency who might be prepared to invoice us?

TIA
Yvonne

Yvonne Reynolds
Web site Manager/ Librarian