[WEB4LIB] Erratic Bounce Back is Netscape/tables problem

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Thu Apr 6 13:15:53 EDT 2000

> Hutchin a couple of days ago on the list, and it appears that the cause of
> the problem is that Netscape doesn't handle tables well.

This is a well known problem. You especially notice it when you start
implementing CSS.

> Ron says he thinks he has experienced the erratic bounce back problem with
> some files on Internet Explorer, but he can't remember which files - Does
> anyone know of the problem happening with IE?

I have never had this problem with IE.

> I don't have access to Netscape 6 - Does the bounce back problem
> occur with the files above in it?

The problem continues to occur in NS6pr1 and (I am depressed to say) in
Mozilla M14.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online? http://www.dealpilot.com/?partner=1307

"I want to know what good is a Web search engine that returns 324,909,188
'matches' to my key word. That's like saying, 'Good news, we've located
the product you're looking for. It's on Earth.'"
--W. Bruce Cameron

Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.