[WEB4LIB] Using students as programmers

Don Hamilton dhamilto at mach2.wlu.ca
Wed Apr 19 14:00:37 EDT 2000

There is already a MyLibrary service (or two)... the following was in my
inbox today.

Why are we even thinking about developing multiple versions of the same
thing?

the process should be:

1)take the current version
2)improve it
3)make it current
go to step 1

>From the mylibrary list....

There is an article on what looks like an independent development of the
MyLibrary idea at Cornell in the April issue of D-Lib Magazine
(http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april00/mistlebauer/04mistlebauer.html).
Ironically the same issue has an announcement from Keith Morgan of the
release of MyLibrary at NCSU as open source
(http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april00/04inbrief.html#MORGAN).
Chris Gray
University of Waterloo