ProQuest users list?

Stacy Pober spober at manhattan.edu
Wed Apr 5 20:25:36 EDT 2000

I know that UMI/Bell&Howell/whoever have their own announcements-only
email list for ProQuest subscribers.  Does anyone know if there's a
discussion list for ProQuest users?  I've noticed some problems in the
database and the tech support people have not been any help.  For
example, doing date restricted searches for older newspaper articles
produces only indexing and abstracts, even though the full-text is
included for those years.  Users must use the "For Publication" search
to access them.

Sometimes there's an easy workaround for this sort of thing, but I don't
know it, and I hate to have to tell students that they have to search
for the abstract and then browse for the full-text when both are in the
same database.

--
Stacy Pober, Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries