[WEB4LIB] FrontPage Import Problems

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Tue Sep 7 18:34:10 EDT 1999

> We run FrontPage with Windows NT. I often have trouble importing
> files from one web to another; FrontPage gives me an error message
> that invariably has "Port 80" in it somewhere.

I haven't ever had file importing problems but I do have extensive FP
experience. Your description leads me to believe it is a problem with the
Web server installed. FP 97 and 98 required a web server to be installed on
the client machine for it to work, whether that be the FP server or MS's
Personal Web Server. The server is generally "installed" on Port 80. This is
what leads me to believe that it is a server problem. Access the server
administrator and see if everything looks kosher.

If upgrading is an option, you might want to consider FP2000. It does not
require a local/client web server and fixes many other problems.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org
http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @
http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online?
http://www.acses.com/?partner=1307
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.