[WEB4LIB] Re: web navigation

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Fri Sep 3 18:05:09 EDT 1999

>Rules are made to be broken, right?
>:)
>I don't think it is wrong to have "expedient links" that bypass the normal
>navigational heirachy - I've done the same thing on our Township's home page

Having expedient links I think is a "rule" of web design (if it's not, it
should be?).  The most popular links should be the easiest to see and use.

One other thought: for those drop down menu boxes... sometimes I like to
see all the major links at once, it helps in trying to decide where I want
to go (of course this may because some sites use ambigous wording and I
need to place some of the sub-menus in context with their main menu heading
to make the determination).

TTFN,
David

Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
HTML Live Examples webmaster <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>