[WEB4LIB] Open Cube's Applet Composer???

Avi Rappoport avirr at lanminds.com
Fri Sep 3 13:56:30 EDT 1999

If you use Java menus for your local site, be *sure* to have
alternate links to get everywhere.  This provides several benefits:

- people with visual disabilities using speaking browsers can still
use your site
- browsers with Java turned off can use your site
- browsers running on platforms you've never imagined (toasters?
refrigerators?) can use your site
- search engine robots can index your site

Given this, I'd recommend using the plain links as the default
navigation, and the menus as an alternate shortcut.  Also, by putting
the Java on the front page of your site, you make people wait if
their JVM wasn't already started.

Hope that helps,

Avi