[WEB4LIB] Re: LONG list of URLs in Netscape Proxy

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Tue Sep 28 14:32:48 EDT 1999

>I had some problems the first time I tried this with Internet Explorer 4.  I
>think this was actually because I was trying to use subdirectories, and
>you can
>only use the domain name.  As far as I can tell, IE has no length limit, or at

Aye, you can only use the domain name (I found that out the hard way
too!).  Also, I discovered, at least in Netscape, I can use
      .edu
as one of the proxy enteries and now any .edu site is allowed.  That helped
tremendously in shortening my URL list.

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
HTML Live Examples webmaster <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>