Program announcement: Applying Emerging Technologies in Libraries

Olga Verbeek verbeeko at salve5.salve.edu
Fri Sep 17 08:23:21 EDT 1999

This announcement is being cross-posted. Please excuse any cluttering
to your email inbox :). - OV

The Information Technology Interest Group of
the Association of College & Research Libraries New England Chapter
presents:

"Applying Emerging Technologies in Libraries."
Thursday, October 7
9 am - 2:30 pm
Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut, Storrs.

We are offering three presentations in the morning:
Olga Verbeek from Salve Regina University - "Beyond HTML"
Terry Plum from U. of Connecticut - "Gattaca, or Beyond Clifford Lynch:
Authentication
and Authorization in Libraries"
Amanda Xu from EBSCO - "Metadata"
After lunch, we'll feature concurrent discussion sessions on those three
topics.

Registration fees are $15.00 for ACRL/NEC members and $20.00 for
non-members. (If you haven't joined ACRL/NEC, join now, and qualify for the
member rate. Details: http://abacus.bates.edu/acrlnec/memforminstructs.html)

For more details on the program, including the registration form, visit:
 http://abacus.bates.edu/acrlnec/sigs/itig/tec10-99.htm
Please register ASAP - space is limited! The last day to register with a
refund is September 23, 1999.

-------------------------
Julie Linden
Research Library Resident
Government Documents / Digital Initiatives
W. E. B. Du Bois Library
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003
jlinden at library.umass.edu
phone: 413-577-2104
fax: 413-545-6873

Chair, ACRL/New England Chapter Information Technology Interest Group
abacus.bates.edu/acrlnec/sigs/itig/