Using NT to lock down desktop?

Libby Molina mtb at mtlib.org
Fri Oct 15 13:52:13 EDT 1999

It's a bit embarrassing that I only raise my voice in this discussion group
when in complete desparation!  But here goes.  We have just purchased 3
WinNT machines. We purchased NT as we are looking forward to networking and
possibly using them as WebPac "interfaces" to our catalog.  Currently we
will use them for internet access as stand alones.  All of our other pc's
use Win'95 & '98 with WinSelect. I've downloaded WinSelectNT (which is
policy-less - but it is coming soon, I was told by WSelect).

I am a complete novice with NT and have been rooting around in the profiles
and ideally I'd love to get rid of the start button (I think it may be
impossible!)  Does anyone have any experience using NT to lock down
everything BUT internet?  I would be willing to switch security software
too at this point.

Any help would be much appreciated!  I may even consider naming my
firstborn after you.

Thanks in advance!

Libby
Libby Molina, Webmaster