[WEB4LIB]:Re: Please help SLJ: Milestones in Library Technology

Laura Cohen lcohen at cnsvax.albany.edu
Thu Oct 7 08:58:59 EDT 1999

The University at Albany Libraries had a production Web server in 1994
running our official library Web site. The copyright statement on the main
screen of our current site acknowledges this. Since my predecessor put up
the site (running his own httpd server), I don't know the exact month.
Sadly, he passed away last year, so I can't ask him about this (or about so
much else!). We used Mosaic to view the site, of course, and I can still
remember the excitement of our first days with Netscape Navigator, which
was so speedy by comparison.

Laura Cohen

>Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 01:14:24 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Tony Barry <me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au>
>Subject: [WEB4LIB] Re:Re: Please help SLJ: Milestones in Library Technology
>Sender: web4lib at webjunction.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
>
>At 01:55 PM -0700 5/10/99, Thomas Dowling wrote:
> >My hazy recollection is that a few library web sites were around in 1993.
> >Prentiss Riddle: I seem to recall Rice being one of them.  Is that right?

           Laura B. Cohen
           Network Services Librarian
           University at Albany Libraries
           Albany, NY 12222                              518-442-3492
           LCOHEN at cnsvax.albany.edu       518-442-3567 (FAX)