[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape problem

Barbara M. Harris-Pruitt bharris at binghamton.edu
Mon Nov 29 15:10:31 EST 1999

You don't have to reboot the PC to get Netscape to work again.  I just tried
the following on Windows NT 4.0 with SP5 and Netscape 4.7:

Exit Netscape.  Go into task manager and exit the Netscape.exe process.
Yes, even though you have closed Netscape, with whatever that page is doing
to Netscape, it keeps it running in the background even though Netscape no
longer shows in the task tray.  Then, using Windows explorer, go to the
netscape cache directory and manually delete all the cache files, INCLUDING
fat.db.

You can now restart Netscape without a problem.

Bye.  Barbara

Barbara M. Harris-Pruitt
Library Systems Administration
Binghamton University Libraries
bharris at binghamton.edu

http://library.lib.binghamton.edu
Phone:  (607) 777-4342    Fax:  (607) 777-4848

Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the
future.
    Euripides