NT security settings

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Tue Nov 23 20:53:48 EST 1999

Before I get too many messages advising us to run NT server, let me rush in
to add that we have been running NT Server (and IIS, internally) for about
three months, and that is one of the reasons that NT registry control
appealed to me so much.  Mark Minasi has a really good section on "Central
Registry Control" in Mastering Windows NT Server 4.  Bob Sullivan's list of
recommended reading is excellent, but he has told me that the Minasi book is
on his reading list, and I must say it's great (though daunting in size).  A
particularly annoying IIS problem forced me to do a lot of reading, and,
well, you know... knowledge is a dangerous thing...

Philosophically and strategically, as long as we're investing so much in
learning NT, taking advantage of the policy editor et al. seems to make
sense.   We just needed a warm fuzzy or two.  Which we got--thanks!

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com