[WEB4LIB] Web-based bulletin boards?

Linda Woods Hyman lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri Nov 19 22:20:32 EST 1999

At 09:35 AM 11/18/1999 -0800, Andrzej S. Mezynski wrote:
>I have a question from a faculty member interested in creating a web-based
>bulletin board.
>He needs (I quote): "a format allowing for a list of issues to be posted
>separately on the bulletin board, with faculty members able to click on a
>topic, follow its thread of discussion and eventually post his/her own
>messages (directly from the website)".
>I let him (them) see the email lists provided by places like: Topica
>(www.topica.com) or ListBot (www.listbot.com), but what he (they)
>need is a "web-based bulletin board".
>Does someone know about any places on Internet providing such a services
>(free if possible)?

We used this kind of service quite frequently in my graduate courses at San Diego State University. Many of our assignments were to post our thoughts about readings, respond to questions, and participate in discussions with other class members. Here is the URL of the forum homepage:  http://edweb.sdsu.edu/dialog/dialog.html

Linda Woods Hyman, MLS., MA.
Pacific Bell Education First
(619) 237-2020
http://www.kn.pacbell.com