Web-based bulletin boards?

Andrzej S. Mezynski andym at stcc.cc.tx.us
Thu Nov 18 12:30:49 EST 1999

Hi,

I have a question from a faculty member interested in creating a web-based
bulletin board.
He needs (I quote): "a format allowing for a list of issues to be posted
separately on the bulletin board, with faculty members able to click on a
topic, follow its thread of discussion and eventually post his/her own
messages (directly from the website)".
I let him (them) see the email lists provided by places like: Topica
(www.topica.com) or ListBot (www.listbot.com), but what he (they)
need is a "web-based bulletin board".
Does someone know about any places on Internet providing such a services
(free if possible)?

Thank you,

Andy Mezynski
South Texas Community College Library