[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape print preview?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Nov 18 08:05:05 EST 1999

> At 11:03 AM 11/17/99 -0800, Michael Brown wrote:
>
> >Wouldn't it be nice if the "Selection" feature under print worked?  You
> >know, when you highlight some text using click and drag, then go to
Print
> >and you see the option to print your "selection" is there, but it's
grayed
> >out. Anyone know of a way to make this work?
>
> Use IE instead.  It works fine there.  For NS I'll bet they'll add it in
> some future version, thus the currently grayed out item.

I believe the Print Selection option is actually part of the standard
Windows print dialog box; lots of applications show it, and they enable or
disable it depending on their capabilities.  Given the feature bloat in
the big browsers, it's to their credit that they're using the standard
dialog box instead of making their own.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu