Virtual Ribbon Cutting Ceremony??

Marcia S. Middleton middlem at uhls.lib.ny.us
Tue Nov 16 16:07:53 EST 1999

Our library has been closed for several months for renovations and the
director would like to hold a virtual ribbon cutting ceremony when we
reopen on December 1st.  I have checked the web4lib archives and found
only references to a rebroadcast of a videotaped event.

We don't own a digital camcorder.  I think what he had in mind was a
graphic image of a ribbon which would be cut on screen when the mayor
presses a key.
An animated gif perhaps??

We DO own a digital camera and I could probably put a photo of the event
on the web site later.

Anybody have any ideas or resources that might help?

Thanks in advance!

Marcia Middleton
Reference Librarian/Webmaster
Albany Public Library