[WEB4LIB] American Library Association = Worthless!

Floyd Ingram fingram at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 9 22:40:41 EST 1999

If ALA is worthless, than so are its members for it is the members that make
up the organization.  If anyone is a member, than that person is partly
responsible for making an organization worthwhile or worthless.  To me.
members need to make a difference in an organization.  And if the majority
allow a few folks to run an organization in a worthless manner, then we have
a problem...with the majority.

BTW...about local organizations, I know a few state library organizations
that are NOTHING more than a social club.  Some state and local ones provide
comfort zones without any type of diversity of which you will more than
likely find at the national level.  Also, these local organizations are made
up of the same old close-knit members who treats it as an exclusive club.

MSC 25
Floyd Ingram
Director of Library Services
Benedict College
Columbia, South Carolina 29204-1086
Voice: (803) 253-5182; Fax: (801) 327-3914 Home or (803) 540-2528 Office
E-mail: <mailto:fingram at mindspring.com>
Homepage: <http://fingram.home.mindspring.com>