[WEB4LIB] Re: CD Launch from Web Browser

Angus Waddell angus.waddell at rmit.EDU.AU
Sun May 30 05:33:11 EDT 1999

Hi Sarah & Gary,

I'm new to this list as well - and would just like to let you know that I have nearly completed a program (I just have to finish the administration screens) that will launch databases and any other application you configure from a web browser. This works with Novell NetWare and have tested it on Win '95 & NT machines. If you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested please feel free to email me for more details on  angus.waddell at rmit.edu.au

Cheers

Gus

Angus Waddell
RMIT University Library
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Information Strategy Unit
+61 3 9925 3983
angus.waddell at rmit.edu.au

>>> "Sarah L. Neises" <sneises at umich.edu> 05/28/99 09:10AM >>>
Hearty thanks to everyone who responded with helpful info. I've printed
suggestions and I am going to talk to my Academic Computing folks who do
our networking for us. We're going to look at options such as W3Launch,
NT Script, etc. We have a very small group of CD's to network, probably
only 8-10 and that number is dropping all the time. We find our web based
resources/databases are extremely popular and much easier to manage. This
list is very helpful. - Sarah Neises neises at uwosh.edu