ELVIS - Electronic Library Visitor Information system

Peter Kendal in5692 at wlv.ac.uk
Wed May 26 19:45:49 EDT 1999

 Greetings,

 I'm just about to complete an MSc in Information Systems Engineering at the
 University of Wolverhampton in the UK. As part of my final year project I've
 developed and written ELVIS, an Electronic Library Visitor Information
 System, which uses web technologies and scripting to direct students to
 services and facilities within the Harrison Learning Centre. It's intended
 to run from a CD, but it will be accessible via the web, albeit a little
 more slowly, until the images have been cached on the local machine.

 It can be found at
 http://www.witscentre.net/elvis

 I'm keen to get as much information about similar web based systems as
 possible, but as yet have been unable to find anything similar. If you, or
 anyone you know of, could help me in my search for comparable Library
 services on the web, I'd be keen to hear from them. In addition to this, if
 you have any comments/observations about ELVIS, please feel free to shout
 them out.

 Thanks folks.

 Pete Kendal

Project Manager