Printing on NetWare or not?

Gary E. Masters GMASTERS at TAMIU.EDU
Fri May 14 07:59:20 EDT 1999

We have spent time getting our workstations in Reference to login
automatically with the bios doing an automatic startup to allow us to use
some of the Manage Wise features.  Since we are just now getting started
with Manage Wise, I don't know if it is worth it or not.  Imn my dreams I
am fixing workstations from my desk.  We also have HP LaserJet 800 printers
for networked printing and will consider the TCP/IP print method if we
dpon't like manage Wise and Z.E.N. (I smile every time I think of "zero
effort networking")  It also takes a few more users on our license, but we
have enough.  This way every workstation has its own directory and we can
save important software in that directory specific to that workstation.
Every type of software has one Ghost image on the server so we can restore
it and correct the name and IP addresses.  We don't have space for all the
workstations to have their own Ghost.

Question.  (Just thought of it)

Dell (the new ones) have their own Ghost in a hidden file.  Our Ghost saves
it too and makes a bigger file than necessary.  Is there an easy way to not
copy the Dell Ghost?

Gary E. Masters
Automated Services Librarian
Texas A&M International University