[WEB4LIB] Your List, Love it or Leave it!

Hillel Weintraub hillelw at intnl.doshisha.ac.jp
Fri May 7 22:43:41 EDT 1999

I'm sure this is an old, never-ending discussion, which may mean it's basic and important to
defining what's important in our lives.

Dan's letter is perfectly logical, but it rings some bells/pushes some buttons and reminds me
of the signs that I used to see when marching against or for various wars or human rights
issues that I valued. It became a bumper sticker way back when. We all know it well - Your
country, love it or leave it.

Everything depends on how we phrase/see it. I agree about not moving one list war to another,
but what about the basic issue itself. Can that be moved?

Who knows.  But I get chills when I see arguments re/dis-solved by this line:

If you don't like it, leave. (or some such idea)

But for now, back to my class...	Hillel