levels of troubleshooting

Thomas Edelblute thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us
Thu May 13 14:24:00 EDT 1999

What the library administration wants to do is set three levels of
troubleshooting.  The first level would be basic level troubleshooting
that would require minimal training on my part.  The second level would
be an intermediate level troubleshooting that would deal with software
and operating system errors.  The advanced level is the hardware errors
and more advanced level of diagnosis which I would take care of.

I am struggling to come up with a list of things that fit in the first
to levels.  Is anyone doing anything like this?   Even if you are not,
what type of things do you think would fit under the first to levels. So
far all I have is:

Basic Troubleshooting:
    Understanding printer errors
    Replacing defective keyboards and mice

Intermediate Level Troubleshooting:
    Correcting a display problem
    Using the task manager
    Using the event viewer

Anyones thoughts and opinions will be welcome.
--
Thomas Edelblute
Anaheim Public Library