XML bible?

Thomas H. Hahn thahn at vms2.macc.wisc.edu
Mon May 3 10:14:33 EDT 1999

Hi,

I am working on multilingual websites (mainly Chinese, Japanese and Korean,
aka
CJK) and need to move into a UniCode environment pretty soon in terms of
coding
and tagging. The way it looks, XML appears to be the way to go. Now, a search
at Amozon.com turned up 157 titles about XML. I have NO idea which of these
titles really is the one (if there is THE one) work that everybody follows.
Are
there any recommendations by webmasters already emersed in XML re which title
may be a really useful one to have lying beside the keyboard? Is there any XML
"bible"? I need something to take home or on trips for browsing and
annotating.

Thank you very much!

Dr. Thomas H. Hahn
East Asian Bibliographer