Professional Chat Rooms for Scholarly Communication

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sun May 2 17:04:26 EDT 1999

    I am greatly interested in the names of _specific_ *professional*
societies or organizations that offer 'chat-rooms for their members.
I am generally aware of a few and recently identified a chat-room
service from AAAS/Science.

    Details about the individual chat-rooms are welcome, notably
a Web address.

   Of (continued) particular interest is any and all research on the
use of chat-rooms for *scholarly* communication [ I am *not*
interested in use of chat-rooms for instructional/educational purposes]

[I have searched a number of sources and have received
citations from my good colleagues in response to an earlier
post on this topic, but have yet to identify significant literature
on this topic for *scholarly communication*

           [I'm quite puzzled by this !]]

    As Always, Any and All contributions, comments, critiques,
questions, concerns, queries, etc. etc. are Most Welcome.

      Regards,

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

   "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                                   Alan Kay

        http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/GASCH.KAY.HTML