database on a cd-rom?

Jian Liu jiliu at script.lib.indiana.edu
Tue Mar 9 14:05:31 EST 1999

Hello all,

I'd like to have some input from you.

We have a database created with Library Master. The librarian continues to
update it with the program. Once a year, the data is exported and made
available on the web at http://www.indiana.edu/~iascp/aboutcprbib.html .
We use Isearch to index and search the data on the web.

We want to experiment with a cd-rom version of the database (so we can
send the data to some African countries where there are no internet
access, but they have machines with cd-rom drives). We still want to use
netscape or some other web browser as the interface, but I don't think we
can put Isearch on the cd-rom as well.

So do you know of any database management tool, not expensive ones, of
course, that allow us to achieve our goal?

Thanks

Jian Liu
Indiana University Libraries