[WEB4LIB] underlining on or off on public web stations

Jim Harold jharold at dec.cdie.org
Thu Mar 4 14:59:19 EST 1999

Good Afternoon ....

As a user, I would like to have the links underlined.  This would help distinquish them from other text that may have the same color has the link but are not links.

Jim Harold
USAID/DEC

>>> "Miriam Bobkoff" <mbobkoff at ci.santa-fe.nm.us> 03/04/99 02:39PM >>>
Probably because I myself find underlinings visually confusing, all our
public access web browsers are set up to display with the links not
underlined (and with IKiosk preventing the users from changing the
settings). One of our patrons who works with computers has strongly
suggested that underlined links would be easier for newbies to understand.

Opinions? If you have locked the display settings on your browsers, did you
lock the underlinings on or off?

Thanks very much.

Miriam Bobkoff                        mbobkoff at ci.santa-fe.nm.us
Santa Fe Public Library