underlining on or off on public web stations

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Thu Mar 4 14:57:26 EST 1999

>One of our patrons who works with computers has strongly
>suggested that underlined links would be easier for newbies to understand.

>Opinions? If you have locked the display settings on your browsers, did you
>lock the underlinings on or off?

Ours are on, as are most of the other defaults which don't relate to our
security or patron privacy.  Aside from the issue of whether it's easier to
understand, I thought users would expect to see links underlined because it's a
standard.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org