[WEB4LIB] Re: Library Name in URL

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Sun Mar 7 23:44:54 EST 1999

At 11:48 AM 3/5/99 -0800, James Klock wrote:
>Incidentally, "virtual hosting" is handled by the web server (not the
>browser),
Not completely.  Early browser software (pre NS2, if memory serves) does
NOT support virtual hosting, nor does Lynx.  If people with old software,
or those committed to Lynx are part of your user community, you may want to
rething this.  In our library community those folks are about 0.3 percent,
so we "disenfranchise them".   Not a perfect world.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
dan at 84.com   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/