Updating to win98 and problems with video card: thanks

Francesco Giacanelli md1251 at mclink.it
Fri Jun 11 08:30:38 EDT 1999

Dear Web4libbers,

thanks to all who have answered to my msg regarding updating problems with win98: I have now updated 3 PCs of our small LAN, experiencing some problems - I think - with Norton Antivirus (we have vers. 2.0) and the shut down of the PCs (I have just disabled one feature of the Norton and they seem to function properly).

Any suggestion for other antivirus program? Or do you suggest to upgrade to a newer version of the same NAV?

In a previous msg. I reported an error occurring in visualizing some HTML pages with MSIE 4.0: the background looked like to cover the text of the page. The problem appeared also with MSIE 5.0. I have now just upgrade the driver of our ATI Rage video card and all seems to function.
I have reported this in the hope to be of some help to which eventually facing the same problems.

Thanks to all for the advice
Regards
Francesco Giacanelli

Francesco Giacanelli
Biblioteca Italiana per i Ciechi - Centro di Documentazione Tiflologica
(Italian Library for the Blind - Documentation Center on Blindness)
Via della Fontanella di Borghese, 23 - 00186 Roma, Italy
Tel.: +39 06 68219820
Fax: +39 06 68136227
e-mail: cdtinfo at bibciechi.it
private e-mail: md1251 at mclink.it