Microsoft Access: a second try to get info

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Fri Jun 4 14:06:12 EDT 1999

>1. Using the report how do I get the Save as HTML to output all records to
>one file or how do I remove the page break from the report?

I'm not an Access user, and from some of the other answers I wasn't even sure I
was interpreting your question correctly, but it sounds to me like you just
want to take your data and format it as a Web page.  Rather than trying to
"Save as HTML" (I've seen some unfortunate results from that), how about
looking for some reference to printing a report to a text file?

I'm not sure how Access would handle that - the earlier answers about exporting
a query or using Word to merge the data might be what you need - but most
databases can do this.  You could do it the simple way and export to a single
file and break it into manageable chunks yourself, or (if you are regenerating
hundreds of files) you'll want to code it so the program does it all and you
don't have to do any editing.  You probably want to make your pages accessible
with Lynx, so the HTML you tell it to insert can be fairly basic, but there's
no reason you can't include tables and frames, etc.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org