[WEB4LIB] Local History and copyright on the Internet

jay jay at ccpl.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us
Wed Jun 2 10:18:42 EDT 1999

Hello Everyone:
I would like to add to this thread. I work for the Central Library in downtown Corpus Christi, TX. We are facing a similar situation w/r/t the copyright issue. We have hundreds of shoeboxes of photos and archives. Our problem is that a
great deal of our archives have been amassed without recording who the actual owner was! It was a system of hand-me-downs...

Since, I've inherited this problem (as the webmaster) I must now deal with it. I will be watching this list with interest in the coming months. By the way, I am now contemplating the tools to acomplish the digitization of our Local
History Collections. I am thinking of using Cold Fusion with Adobe Acrobat. The Cold Fusion would allow us to create a search engine for the documents, as well as ODBC capability for a database of some kind).

Regards,

Jay H. Frantz,
Webmaster,
Corpus Christi Public Libraries