[WEB4LIB] Retrospective Metadata Project

P. Michael McCulley mcculley at best.com
Tue Jul 27 03:42:33 EDT 1999

Debora,

On your meta tag project, just a few notes. I have the Jan/Feb issue of
ONLINE magazine, and it has a good piece on metadata.

There's a few "software" solutions around you might be able to use; one
example is a shareware tool called Meta Master, info and copy at
 SlaughterHouse - Pick of the Day for 01/28/99 (see
http://www.net-matrix.com/mm/meta.zip)

I've also used a tool called HTML PowerTools for Windows
HTML Power Tools (see http://www.tali.com/tools.html)
which includes a feature-rich META TAG tool.

Here's part of the description:
"HTML Meta Manager is an elegant solution to this problem: it allows you to
easily enter a description and keywords for every page in your Website in a
single, easy-to-use window. You can enter separate information for each
page, or add the same META information to every page in your Website with
the click of a button. The program also allows you to easily edit each page
TITLE, or to automatically insert the TITLE as the description for every
page.

Regardless of the HTML editing environment you work in, HTML Meta Manager
can quickly and easily ensure that all your Web pages are properly listed in
the major search engines."

Good luck,
Michael McCulley / AOL NetFind Product Mgr
Email: mcculley at best.com
*Speaking Only For Himself*

Quote of the Moment:
"Scotty, beam us aboard". "Aye, sir. Will a 2x4 do?"