[WEB4LIB] watchdog system recovery c

Dan Lee Dan.Lee at ci.chandler.az.us
Tue Jul 20 13:17:08 EDT 1999

I tried looking up this product on the web (I'm always looking for security and management tools for my public PCs), but the only URL I found seems broken (http://www.cyic.com/watchdog.htm).

What you describe sounds like a hardware solution. I've also seen but not tried a software tool called Watchdog. It's available for download from TuCows:

"Home Page: http://www.sarna.net/watchdog/
 spend on the computer. When a user logs onto the computer, the internal
 timer in WatchDog starts counting down the user's time available. When the
 user runs out of time, WatchDog can either shutdown Windows, restart
 Windows, restart the computer, or display the WatchDog login form."
     --from http://tucows.inficad.com/parent95.html

If anyone has experience with using the Watchdog software on public access Internet computers, I'd be interested in any comments. And if anyone has a working URL for Watchdog System Recovery Cards, please post it here as well. Thanks.
 --
Dan Lee
Systems Librarian
dan.lee at ci.chandler.az.us