Video Teleconferencing; PLA Tech Notes

GraceAnne A. DeCandido ladyhawk at well.com
Wed Jul 7 16:01:47 EDT 1999

This message is being posted to PUBLIB, Stumpers, and
Web4Lib; apologies for duplicate postings, and please feel
free to forward appropriately.

Dear friends and colleagues,
I am working on the fourth in a series of web-published
Tech Notes for the Public Library Association, this one on
Video Teleconferencing. I have found a fair amount of useful
information of a general nature via searching ProQuest
Direct, but very little in Library Literature through 1998.

Here’s what I am looking for: recently published articles
(since 1995; citations gratefully received) in *library
periodicals* about video teleconferencing in libraries,
particularly public libraries, for any purpose. There may not
be any, but I figure if anyone knows, you folks will.
Appropriate Web site URLs will also be gratefully
received.

So far, my greatest find has been The Video Cookbook at
http://sunsite.utk.edu/video_cookbook/

I have completed three other PLA Tech Notes, now
available online, on

Metadata http://www.pla.org/metadata.htm
Intranets http://www.pla.org/intranet.htm
Digital Object Identifiers http://www.pla.org/doi.htm

I will be writing the next seven (!) over the next nine weeks,
so I suspect you will all be hearing from me again.

THANKS for whatever help you can offer.
Best,
GraceAnne

GraceAnne A. DeCandido
Blue Roses Editorial and Web Consulting
350 E. 236th St.
Bronx, NY 10470-2104
voice: 718/994-7794  * fax: 718/994-9851
E-mail ladyhawk at well.com
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/gadhome.html
"The use of language is all we have to pit against death and silence."
--Joyce Carol Oates