[WEB4LIB] Here's a Tough One...?

Dennis Brantley dennis at dati.com
Fri Jul 2 15:53:10 EDT 1999

jay wrote:

> I am installing Windows 98 as per instructions from the higher ups. They
> want me to restore some CD-ROM progs that were backed up via a Ditto 10
> gig drive. The progs were running under Win 95. Is there a way to do
> this? HELP?

This leads to some questions, like was the backup just the program
installation directories, or does it include the registry settings,
etc?  If it's just the program directories, restoring under 98 will get
you all you can get, which may or may not be enough.

If the backup includes registry entries or other Windows-specific
goodies, I'd do this:  Install 95, restore applications, upgrade to 98.

Dennis Brantley  mailto:dennis at dati.com
Data Access Technologies, Inc.  http://www.dati.com
Internet/Remote Access - CD Networking - Thin Client Computing
(770) 339-6554