Special-purpose web pages: final request for info

John Kupersmith jkup at jkup.net
Mon Jul 12 12:28:40 EDT 1999

PACS-L, PUBLIB-NET, & WEB4LIB subscribers
(with apologies for cross-posting) --

This is a repeat of the request I posted last month for URL's of
web pages created as "home" or "start" pages for special situations
such as staff use or public access Internet stations.  These will
be used in an article on "The Other Home Page: Special-Purpose
Entry Points for Library Web Sites."

So far, I've received usable responses from 10 academic and 6 public
libraries. To see these and read the abstract, go to < http://www.jkup.net >
and click on "The Other Home Page."

LAST CALL:
If your library--academic, public, corporate, or whatever--has
special-purpose web pages such as these, please send the URL's
to < jkup at jkup.net >.

If your intranet pages are not accessible on the Internet, other options
are to send the actual files or screen captures as e-mail attachments.

Please include a brief description of how the pages are used.  I'd also
welcome any further comments or advice you have for others designing
similar pages.

Unless you say otherwise, I'll assume that I have your permission
to link to your pages, to cite and print images of them, and to
quote from any remarks you send.

If your library simply uses its primary home page for special
situations such as these, I'd like to hear from you also!

--jk
  John Kupersmith                                   jkup at jkup.net
  Internet Services Librarian                 http://www.jkup.net
  Washoe County Library System        http://www.washoe.lib.nv.us
  301 S. Center St.                              W:  775-785-4137
  Reno, NV 89501                               fax:  775-785-4087
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Not speaking for WCLS in this message~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~