[WEB4LIB] 3D (VRML) Interface to IRCAM's Multimedia Library Catalog

Edward Spodick, HKUST Library, 2358-6743 lbspodic at ust.hk
Tue Jan 12 21:53:58 EST 1999

At 7:55 PM +0800 12/1/99, elist-web4lib at ircam.fr wrote:
>        http://mediatheque.ircam.fr/infos/vrml/index-e.html
>
>The public space of our Multimedia Library has been completely modelled
>in 3D (using VRML 2.0), showing all the stacks, cabinets, terminals, etc.
>
>With the help of a browser and an adequate freely-available plugin (see

I find it amusing that you make a world-wide public announcement of something, and recommend required software which the software manufactrurer does not recommend using, at least in my case.

When looking to download the Macintosh version of the plugin, I was warned:  "This is unsupported pre-release software designed for use by developers only. Users without extensive experience with beta software should wait for more polished versions currently under development."

No thanks.
- - - - -
Edward F Spodick, Systems Librarian - lbspodic at ust.hk
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library
tel:  852-2358-6743    fax:  852-2358-1043