[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape profiles vs. logon ID

mike nyerges at cheshire.roc.servtech.com
Mon Jan 11 17:17:45 EST 1999

Assuming that you're using Netscape 4.x, those settings are found in the
JavaScript file prefs.js. You can increase your security by writing these
preferences to the workstation each time a user logs as part of a login script.
Settings could be matched to NT groups. The settings in a particular prefs.js
would reflect the group a user belongs to. I'm assuming that NT allows this
user-level control. I'd be surprised if it did not. This approach would also allow
you to centrally handle this at any desktop on the network. Just a thought, a
possible direction.

Mike Nyerges
http://www.canandaigua.k12.ny.us/academy/library/