[WEB4LIB] Community Calendar

Charles P. Hobbs transit at primenet.com
Sun Jan 10 21:22:28 EST 1999

> We are planning to mount an extensive community calendar on our home =
> page.  The calendar will be in the form of a searchable database, with =
> event information entered by local organizations using web-based forms.  =
> I have seen implementations of this on the web, but not by libraries off =
> of library home pages.  Is anyone out there in libraryland doing this =
> for their town?  If so, can you send me, or the list, your URL?  Also, =
> is anyone linking the event information to MARC community information =
> records in their online web catalog? =20

Not a library, but check out http://socata.lerctr.org/cal2.cgi.

The calendar is a text file that's edited offline, uploaded and
reformatted by the cgi script. I also have under development another
script that enables users to edit the calendar online.

Another online calendar is available at http://www.awsd.com