[WEB4LIB] Community Calendar

Dennis C. Tucker dennis at hinet.palni.edu
Thu Jan 7 09:43:14 EST 1999

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, bmazin wrote:
> Is anyone out there in libraryland doing this = for their town?  If
> so, can you send me, or the list, your URL?  Also, = is anyone linking
> the event information to MARC community information = records in their
> online web catalog? =20

Beth,

	We're not doing it for a town, but for our project using a
calendar called Manana from ScendTek.  The easiest way is to see it is to
go to http://hinet.palni.edu and click on the "Hi-Net Event Calendar"
link.

	Once the program is installed, it is easy to add and retrieve
events.  We've been quite happy with it.  We compared other products we
didn't like as well.

	On our page you can find links to ScendTek.  I believe the
software is free to nonprofits.

-- The Face is Familiar, but I Can't Quite Remember my Name

Dennis C. Tucker, M.A.T., M.L.S., Project Hi-Net Director
INCOLSA (Indiana Cooperative Library Services Authority)
        Phone: (317) 298-6570 ext 103    FAX: (317) 328-2380
In-state WATS: (800) 733-1899 ext 103    e-mail: dennis at palni.edu

	  Home Page:	http://incolsa.palni.edu/~dennis
Project Hi-Net Page:	http://hinet.palni.edu