Simple script for executable file? Is there such a beast?

Tony Iezzi tiezzi at csl.com.au
Thu Jan 7 17:58:20 EST 1999

Hello,

I'm looking for help in working out how to write a script that accesses a
program on a stand alone computer. The script must work from inside a web
page and must activate the programs executable file. Eventually we will be
putting all of this onto a corporate web site, but for now stand alone is
fine.

I'm using Frontpage 98 and manual, and there's much explanation about
JavaScript and VBScript to do all sorts of fancy things on a web site, but
nothing about running a program. Maybe I'm missing something here.....

I would be forever grateful if anyone can explain it to me in English.

Thankyou in advance,

Tony Iezzi
CSL Research librarian