[WEB4LIB] re:user transactions

GLENN HINKLE ghinkle at mlc.lib.ms.us
Wed Jan 6 12:01:23 EST 1999

Hi Lorrie,

The Mississippi Library Commission uses SofTrack by Elron Software to track CD based as well as server side application usage. We run it on our Novell 4.11 server and provides stats on who is using what and for how long.

Hope this helps.    The URL is:

http://208.226.13.232/

Good Luck,

Glenn Hinkle, Senior Network Engineer
Mississippi Library Commission
ghinkle at mlc.lib.ms.us

>>> Lorrie knight <lknight at vms1.cc.uop.edu> 01/05 5:05 PM >>>
Hello:
Our web based products are deployed on computers along with word processing,
stats, etc. We would like to know what students are using and how long they
are using each program. Is anyone aware of software that would log on the
student to the workstation and track (anonymously of course) their computer
activities? Or something similar? At minimum, we would like to know
frequency and length of use of programs/databases. Any help will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.