[WEB4LIB] re:user transactions

David Borchardt davidb at cstone.net
Wed Jan 6 12:01:01 EST 1999

Lorrie Knight wrote:

>Hello:
>Our web based products are deployed on computers along with word
processing,
>stats, etc. We would like to know what students are using and how long they
>are using each program. Is anyone aware of software that would log on the
>student to the workstation and track (anonymously of course) their computer
>activities? Or something similar? At minimum, we would like to know
>frequency and length of use of programs/databases. Any help will be greatly
>appreciated. Thanks.

Take a look at INVORTEX Technologies' program - Public Access Manager (PAM)
which is available for download at www.invortex.com.  PAM allows the IT
administrator to OPTIONALLY enable a number of features including:
    Require logon with a Students/Patrons ID# and optionally a 3 or 4 digit
PIN number
    Different user profiles for Students/Patrons and Staff
    Creates User Activity Log for data mining
    Secures OS and software applications
    Automatic End-of-Day PC Shutdown
    Set session time and print limits
    URL Restriction